Internship is a time for a graduate to apply theoretical knowledge into practical skills !
A student has to undergo compulsorily Internship from the Institute for 12 months on rotatory basis after passing out the 3rd Professional (Part-II) Final Examination.
Institute’s Internship programme is framed according to MCI norms wherein a graduate is expected to conduct actual practice of medical and health care and acquire skills under supervision to make oneself competitive enough to deal with all emergencies and provide basic medical consultation independently.
The Internship programme will enable him/her to :-
- Diagnose clinical common disease conditions encountered in practice and make timely decision for referral to higher level.
- Use discretely the essential drugs, infusions, blood or its substitutes and laboratory services.
- Manage all type of emergencies-medical, surgical obstetric, neonatal and paediatric by rendering first level care.
- Demonstrate skills in monitoring of the National Healty Programme and schemes, oriented to provide preventive and promotive health care services to the community.
- Develop Leadership qualities to function effectively as a leader of the health team organised to deliver the health and family welfare service in existing socio-economic, political and cultural environment.
- Render Services to chronically sick and disabled (both physical and mental) and to communicate effectively with patient and the community.
For award of MBBS Degree, a student has to complete full duration of Internship successfully as per the norms of MCI.
Stipend For Interns (Session 2014)
- Ist Year : 5,000/- Per Month.
- IInd Year : 6,500/- Per Month.
- IIIrd Year : 8,000/- Per Month.