This citizen charter is an expression of our commitment towards our services offered to patients and to make the services more efficient. This charter seeks to provide a framework for providing essential information to patients / visitors as given below -:
- To impart academic excellence in medical education.
- To practice medicine ethically in line with the global standards.
- To give prime importance to quality in care and safety of patients.
- To be partner in building India a world leader in medical education & health care .
- To establish & develop world class self reliant institute for imparting Medical & other Health Science education at under graduate, post graduate & doctoral levels of the global competence.
- To provide quality & affordable health care facilities and services to all sections of the society.
- To provide medical care with equity to all patients.
- Care with compassion, courtesy and commitment is the hall mark of the institution.
- To provide world class treatment at an affordable cost.
- To impart quality medical education and training to students
- To keep quality and safety of patients at the top.
- Location -: 13 km Bareilly â€“ Nainital road, Bareilly -243202 (U.P)
- This hospital has:-
Doctors: 350 (including Residents)
Nurses : 330 (including supervisory staff)
Beds : 950
- Doctors wear white aprons and Nurses are in Uniform.
- Staff members are issued with identity cards.
- Important telephone numbers -:0581-2582031 -33
- Fax no -0581-2582030
- E-mail address â€“ email@example.com
- Visit us at : www.srms.ac.in
- Emergency services are provided at Casualty Dept and GRR (General Recovery Room) ward for observation / resuscitation and emergency management of the patients.. Casualty Medial Officer is available 24 hours.
- In addition, the patient is managed by a team of duty doctors pertaining to concerned specialty as per requirement.
- The Casualty has 5 triage beds.
- There are 20 beds in GRR, out of which 5 beds are devoted to Trauma care.
- Casualty complex has a well maintained OT.
- OPD registration starts from 8 am till 2 pm. After 2 pm all the OPD cases will be seen as emergency.
- OPD card costs RS 5/- and it is available at the main registration counter.
- Many facilities are provided at OPD level e.g. ECG, Plaster, Injection and Immunization, Contraception and MTP Services, Minor Surgical Intervention, Physiotherapy, Bronchoscopy, Endoscopy etc.
- For Medical certificates patient has to contact the respective OPD counter.
- For every new patient a new registration number is generated.
- Every outpatient seeking treatment at the hospital is registered prior to the consultation.
- A prescription is generated for recording history, symptoms, diagnosis, & treatment being provided.
- In case of old patient the prescription slip is generated at the particular OPD counter.
- For special clinics prior appointment system exists. However, non appointment/walk in patient, are also entertained at their turn.
- There is â€œMay I Help You Deskâ€ for assistance & Welfare Officer in case of any problem.
OPDs /DEPARTMENTS IN THE ORGANIZATION-: Following OPDs run every day.
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Medicine
- Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & gynecology
- ENT & Head & Neck Surgery
- Anesthesia â€“ for PA Check up
- Dental Sciences
Following special clinics are functioning in the hospital-:
- Cardio vascular clinic
- Neurology clinic
- Nephrology clinic
- Hematology clinic
- Endocrinology clinic
- Hypertension & headache clinic
- Gastroenterology clinic & endoscopy clinic
- Post natal clinic
- Infertility clinic
- Antenatal clinic
- High risk pregnancy
- Cancer related
- Gynae endocrine
- Family planning
- Menopause clinic
- Psychiatric de-addiction
- Family counseling
- Sexual disorder clinic
- Special clinic for Otology
- Special Clinic for Rhino-logy
- ENT cancer Clinic
- Surgical gastroenterology
- Bariatric clinic
- Breast cancer clinic
- Piles clinic
- Fracture clinic
- Orthotic Rehab clinic
- Arthroscopy clinic
- Immunization clinic
- Diarrhea clinic
- Asthma clinic
- Neurology clinic
- Nephrology clinic
- Child guidance clinic
- High risk neo natal clinic
- Mutation & child development
- Thalassemia clinic
- All in-patients receive treatment by team of Resident Doctors and Nurses, available round the clock, under the supervision and guidance of senior consultants.
- All the wards are fully equipped with nebulizers, central O 2 & suction supply etc. to provide top quality medical care.
- Every inpatient is provided with two attendant passes.
- Visitors are allowed only during notified visiting hour and 2 visitors are allowed at
a time per bed.
- Bed linen is changed at the time of admission, thereafter on every alternate day
and also whenever required.
- Food is served as per the diet package and in consultation with dietician and
- Ward Accommodation- Following categories of wards are available depending upon the affordability â€“
- Day care facility is available for certain types of operations. e.g. Laparoscopic surgery; day care chemotherapy; dialysis, endoscopies and similar interventions.
- RSBY (RASHTTRIYA SWASTHYA BIMA YOJNA) â€“ Under this government
scheme, free treatment is offered to BPL families having RSBY card up to a limit of 30,000/- per year . Only IPD treatment and Day care is covered. The treatment and charges are as per RSBY package list.
- JSY (JANNI SURAKSHA YOJNA)-: In this scheme BPL families are offered
free delivery or caesarean facility as per the need and financial help to keep
mother healthy after delivery. One has to bring BPL card with them to avail
this facility in the hospital.
Schemes run by hospital -:
- JCY (JANHIT CHIKITSA YOJNA)-: The scheme provisions IPD treatment to
6 pateints daily who are in BPL category. Following patients are excluded : MLC cases, Superspeciality cases, Laproscopic Surgery sure, emergency and ICU care.
- The trust provides free food, medicines, investigation, treatment, surgery
- SSY (SAMUDAIK SWASTHYA YOJNA) -: This programme aims to provide medical treatment/investigation up to Rs. 25,000 for two children for servicing cost of Rs.365 per year and up to Rs 40,000/- for 3 children with servicing cost of Rs 500/-. This card is valid for 1 year. The special investigations including CT scan/MRI and ICU care are not permitted under this scheme.
- FREE PHARMACY -: The hospital has 2 free pharmacy shops , one each for
IPD and OPD patients which are providing free medications to the poor & needy patients
LABORATORY SERVICES -:
- Lab services are available 24*7 for IPD patients & for OPD timings are 8 AM
to 5 PM.
- All type of routine and special investigations incl. biochemical, microbiological, haematological, immunology, histopathology, cytology,serology and genetic studies are done.
- For OPD patients, the blood is collected at Central Collection room located
close to Blood Bank.
- The institute has fully equipped modern 12 Operation Theatres.
- Pre-Anesthetic check up is done in PAC Room on 2nd floor before operation.
- The hospital has fully equipped state of art ICU at 3 th Floor to provide expert
- In addition there are CCU, NICU and PICU. Patients requiring ICU care are
admitted to ICUs at the discretion of treating Doctors.
- Hospital has a modern, state of the art Blood Bank that functions 24 hours a
day and provides facilities for blood donation, storage, issue of blood and its components.
- Strict precautions are taken and mandatory testing is done to prevent any
blood borne infection.
- The provisioning of blood is on replacement basis. However, it is provided by
the hospital in certain conditions as per instructions of Government of India.
- Medicines & surgical consumables required for the treatment can be procured
from the in-house pharmacy store.
- Pharmacy is located in the hospital premises which functions 24×7.
- As per hospital policy the prescribed drugs have to be purchased from the
- The hospital dietary department provides all meals for the patients.
- The dietician plans the diet meals based on the therapeutic needs
- As per hospital policy only vegetables meals are provided /permitted in the
- Dietician visits the patients daily.
- For attendants cafeteria is available in the hospital premises.
TREATMENT FACILITIES-: Following treatment facilities are available:-
- CATH LAB
- DIALYSIS CENTRE
- RADIOTHERAPY CENTRE
- HIGH ENERGY LINEAR ACCELERATOR
- COBALT THERAPY
- TREATMENT PLANNING
- PHYSIOTHERAPY & PROSTHETICS LAB
- CT SCAN â€“256 SLICE DUAL SOURCE
- MRI 3 TESLA
- DIGITAL X-RAY
- IVF LAB
- Ambulance facility including Cardiac Ambulance.
AMENITIES AVAILABLE FOR ATTENDANTS
- Rein Basera, Waiting hall and Guest house is available as per policy of the
- Ambulance facility including Cardiac Ambulance.
- Mortuary provides a refrigerated storage of 4 deceased patients at a time.
Comprehensive Health Check up-:
- SRMSIMS has developed special health packages that consist of detailed
medical assessment & counseling on health awareness.
- Different corporate & TPA are empanelled for the assistance of patients. List
is as below -:
CORPORATES EMPANELLED -:
- BAJAJ ALLIANZ
- MD INDIA
- STAR HEALTH
- VIDAL HEALTH
- FUTURE HGENERALI
- ICICI PRUDENTIAL
- HDFC ERGO
- IFFCO TOKIO
- APOLO MUNICH
- Suggestions/Complaints boxes have been provided at various locations in the
- In case of any complaint/ grievance patient care services managers/ MS
office may be contacted.
- Every grievance will be duly acknowledged.
- We aim to settle your genuine complaints within 5 working days of its receipt.
- If we cannot, we will explain the reasons and the time we will take to resolve.
- Right to respect for special preference, spiritual & cultural needs, personal
dignity & privacy during examination, treatment or procedure.
- Right to protection from physical abuse or neglect.
- Right to confidentiality for patient information & refusal for treatment.
- Right to informed consent before blood transfusion, anesthesia, surgery, any
invasive procedure, & any research protocol.
- Right to complain & to have information how to voice a complaint.
- Right to information on the expected cost of treatment / investigation/proposed care/progress, risk, benefits, alternative treatment, expected results, possible complication or any change in patient condition.
- Right to access for clinical records.
- Right to participate in treatment / care plan / modified treatment plan.
- Right to information about their healthcare needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PATIENTS -:
- Provide accurate including patients present condition, past illness,
hospitalization, medications, & any other matter that pertains to his/her health.
- Provide accurate personal particulars including patient full name and address.
- To ask question & healthcare team if he/she anticipate problems in adhering
to prescribed treatment or alternative therapies.
- To abide by all policies/ rules & regulations of the hospital for example:
To comply with no- smoking and visitorâ€™s policies.
To be considerate of noise levels developed privacy & safety of other
Not to bring weapons in hospital Premises.
To treat hospital staff, other patients & visitors with courtesy & respect.
- To cancel or reschedule appointment in advance as far as possible in case of
cancellation or rescheduling.
- Not to give medication prescribed for him/her to others.
- Provide accurate information for insurance claims, & physician billing offices
to make payment arrangements.
- To communicate with the healthcare provider if his/her condition worsens or
does not follow the expected course.
- To pay for services billed in a timely manner as per the hospital policies.
- To respect that some other patients medical condition may be more urgent
than yours and doctor may need to attend them first.
- The medical college is one of the best medical colleges in India, offering high
quality medical education.
- The medical college offers undergraduate (M.B.B.S) & Postgraduate
- The institute is recognized by Medical Council of India & Ministry of Health &
Family Welfare, Govt of India.
- This institute is affiliated to Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University,
- Post graduate Programmes are offered in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Pulmonary Medicine, Dermatology, General Surgery, Obstetrics & gynecology, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Anesthesia, Radio diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pathology, Forensic Science, Microbiology, Community Medicine.
Facilities in Medical College -:
- The teaching is based on didactic lectures, student seminars, small group discussions, tutorials, and demonstrations, practical, case presentations, clinics, field study, & integrated study.
- Medical college has a treasure house of knowledge & a well stocked air conditioned library.
- The institute has on campus separate hostels for under graduate boys, girls, interns, & post graduate students.
- All hostels have telecom facility & internet availability.
- Indoor sports for table Tennis, Carom, Chess, & Badminton Court are also provided to the students.
- The institute has provided on campus residential facility for Faculty members, juniors residents, senior residents, Para medical, Nursing &v administrative staff.
Different committees are run under the supervision of Medical College -:
- Institutional Ethics Committee
- Institutional Animal Ethics Committee
- Pharmaco Vigilance Committee
- Clinico Pathological Committee
- Editorial Committee
- Student Welfare Committee
- Research Committee
- RNTCP (DOTS) Committee
- Grievance Handling Committee