The SRMS Trust(“the Trust”) and the institutions run by it are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our educational websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any of our information updates, starting an admission application, or requesting further services. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
Information you explicitly submit to us
On some of the Trust website’s / Trust run institution’s websites, we display forms that allow you to voluntarily submit personal information such as your e-mail address, name, age, etc. These are required for activities you may want to register for such as information sessions, tests, quizzes, seminars, workshops, etc. offered by any of our institutions or for downloading our prospectuses or admission forms. In all such cases, all submitted information is used only for the purposes for which it is asked for and is not made available to any third party.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect certain general information relating to your visit, including but not limited to:
- The Internet domain of your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- The type of browser you are using.
- The type of operating system that you use
- The date and time you visit our site, and the specific web pages that you visited on our site.
- The origin website in case you followed a link to our website
This information is used for system administration and occasionally to report aggregate information to any advertisers. This is aggregatestatistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.