We have a lot of emphasis on the continuous growth and all round development of our students through training and several other activities to make the students placeable. We offer regular training inputs and help them learn and acquire new skills and competencies through various activities such as industrial tours, mock interviews, group discussions, aptitude tests, expert lectures etc.
Training, Development & Placement cell strives for the best placement of students through its constant endeavour in preparing students for taking up challenges in the corporate world. Headed by an eminent and efficient person with decades of experience in corporate and academic world, Placement Cell takes initiatives to provide industrial training and placement assistance to its students. The cell works for growth and development of professional skills of students by organizing Industrial Training and Guest Lecture by senior professionals of the corporate world. Placement cell has been continuously working for visit of MNCs and companies of National repute for recruitment of students.
Industry- Institute Interaction
The institute is actively involved in establishing healthy interaction between academia and industry. Considering the benefits of exposure to the industry for students, the placement cell reaches out to corporate houses and carries out various activities throughout the academic calendar.
The students depending upon their discipline, specialization area and the level of understanding, our students visit to many industries like, Bajaj Auto, Ashok Leyland, Tata Motors, Delta, Britannia, Parle, Jackson Pharma located at Rudrapur Industrial area. They also visit BSNL, IVRI, Railways, Power Sector Companies, Mahindra and Mahindra, IFFCO Aonla, Bajaj Hindusthan, Reliance Power, DSCL, Polyplex, Century Pulp and other organization. B.Pharm students visit pharma industries at Baddi (Himachal Pradesh) MBA students visit to Mumbai every year in SEBI, NSC, JNPT etc.
Seminars, Workshops and Guest Lectures :
Some important tools of interaction between students, faculty and experts from the industry are done by inviting eminent professionals from corporate world to the College. Through Training and Placement Cell, the college organizes various Guest lectures, seminars and workshops where students and faculty members learn from the practical experiences of personalities from various fields of industry.
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Cell: The college encourages the students to start their own enterprises after completion of their course. In this context the college is having an Entrepreneurship Awareness Cell. Through this cell the college arranges three days training every year for the students who wish to become entrepreneurs after completion of their course. Entrepreneuship Development of India, New Delhi, also helps this cell in delivering the lectures by their faculties.
- Industrial Tour: A technical course is incomplete without exposure of the student to industry. Hence college arranges educational tours for the students on a regular basis. The intricacies of theory and field are explained by the industry experts during their visits. The theory taught in classroom is made clear during these visits.
- Online Logical Reasoning Tests: Students of EQUINOX Committee conducts online tests twice a month. These tests are designed for students of all courses. The pattern of the test is similar to the online tests which are conducted by the companies. These tests are organized by the Training and Placement Cell of the College. We also organize online training in collaboration with Aspiring Minds and MeritTrac (UPTU WATCH).
- Group Discussion: Presentation skill is necessary part of the interviews now a days. With this objective group discussion forms a regular feature whereby students, in a group of 6-8 are encouraged to discuss various topics related to their field and also of current affairs.
- Mock Interviews: The Training and Placement Cell ensures that the students are completely prepared and are confident before appearing for the interviews in the companies. The aim of the exercise is to help students in grooming their overall personality and bringing out the hiddedn talents, creativity and flair of the students.
- Industrial Training: In order to give hands-on experience of thecorporate world, industrial training after the pre-final year has been made a part of the curriculum. We have established a proactive industry involvement program for arranging industrial training and internships. MBA students have to undergo training for 4 weeks (after II Sem), B.Tech and B.Pharma Students have to undergo training for 4 to 6 weeks (after VI Sem.). MCA students have to undergo training for last semester i.e. for a duration of 6 months. The members of the placement cell arrange for personal feedback of the students from the organizations which are providing them training whereby faculty representatives go and meet the trainers personally and enquire about student’s performance.
- Final Placement: For the final placement of the students the placement cell arranges on campus and off-campus placement process. The emerging trends in the global markets are monitored and programmed are organized to provide latest skill and competencies required by the industries. The college boasts of excellent placement record with most of our students getting placement in good companies.