The proper use of animals in research is an essential contribution to the improvement of pharmaceutical research and animal lives.
To perform pharmaceutical research, train the new generation regarding animal studies and to facilitate animals for use in research by strictly following the guidelines of Committee for the Purpose of Control and Supervision of Experiments on Animals (CPCSEA), Government of India.
1. Well designed and established animal house approved by CPCSEA for the Purpose of Education and research (Reg. No. -715/PO/Re/S/02/CPCSEA).
2. We have an Institutional Animal Ethics Committee (IAEC) for the approval of research and project proposals which involves the use of the animal.
3. All activities of the Animal House Facility are carried out as per standard operating procedures (SOPs).
4. The Animal House Facility maintains the records of activities as well as maintenance and experimentation records of the animals as per the statutory requirement of CPCSEA.
5. The animal house supports various research programs in the research areas of Clinical Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Toxicology, etc.
Animal Species: Rat, Mice, Guinea pig, Rabbit.
Structure of I.A.E.C
|Name||Designation||Position in IAEC|
|Dr. Sanjay Singh||Veterinary Officer||Chairman|
|Dr. Simhadri V.S.D.N.A. Nagesh||Professor||Member Secretary|
|Dr. Jitendra Kr. Yadav||Professor||Scientist In-charge of Animal House Facility|
|Dr. Nita Yadav||Professor||Member from different Biological discipline|
|Mr. Rajat Yadav||Assistant Professor||Biological Scientist|
• Quarantine Room: 1
• Mice Stock Room: 1
• Rat Stock Room: 1
• Guinea Pig Stock Room: 1
• Instrumentation Room: 1
• Experimental Room: 1
• Washing Area: 1
• Veterinary office: 1
• In-house garden
• Fodder cultivation area
The activities of Central Animal House
• Promoting basic and educational animal research
• Periodical Institutional Animal Ethic committee meeting
• Invivo studies for PhD level
• Industrial collaborative projects
• Mentoring approved scientific studies and animal welfare.
• Training faculty and students for applied animal studies
|Teaching Research Areas||Industrial Research Areas|
|Toxicology Studies||Acute Toxicity Studies (As per OECD Guide Lines)|
|Analgesic activity||Sub-Acute Toxicity Studies|
|Anti-Pyretic activity||Sub-Chronic Toxicity Studies|
|Anti-inflammatory activity||Skin sensitivity testing|
|Anti-Microbial activity||Carcinogenicity (1 G)|
|Anti-Anxiety activity||Comparative study of herbal vs tobacco Cigarettes|
|Anti depressant activity|
|Wound Healing activity|
|Bioavailability & Bioequivalence Studies|