SRMSCET has organized State-Level Sports Meet sponsored by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, for the duration of 3 days (19 – 21 Feb, 2016). 42 Technical & Managerial Colleges of the State, affiliated to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University through its 11 Zones, were taking part in the State-Level Sports Meet, hosted by SRMSCET, Bareilly. Around 1500 participants were gathered to make the Sports Meet, a grand Success.
The sports meet was inaugurated by Chairman Shri Dev Murti Ji, along with the Chief Guest Mr. Chandra Mohan Jindal, DRM-NER, Izatnagar, Bareilly, by flag hosting &flying the pigeons. They have also lighted the Ceremonial Torch &flown tri-color balloons; which has given a visual treat to the audience. In his address, Chairman Sir has welcomed all the participants & emphasized on sportsman-spirit &playing strategy.
The preliminary level events were held on the 1st day; while Semi- Finals &Final events were held on 2nd& 3rd day of the Sports Meet, respectively. All the players participated with full zeal, enthusiasm & sportsman-spirit, which were maintained throughout the Sports meet.
In the Closing Ceremony, Chief Guest Mr. Surendra Kumar Verma, DGM-OBC, Bareilly were present along with Trust Secretary Mr. Aditya Murti. Both of them boosted the morale of the winners &participants by their inspiring words, with an emphasis on active participation & improvements thereafter. The dignitaries distributed the prizes afterwards.
Performance statistics of our Key Players is as follows –
1. In the BasketBall (Female) event, our team stood Second.
2. Shivangi & Komal, won Second prize in Table Tennis Doubles (Female); while Komal grabbed Second prize in Table Tennis Single(Female).
3. Irfan Khan & Gagandeep Kaur won Third Prize in Javelin events in Male & Female categories, respectively.
4. In Table Tennis Tournament, Male team won Third Prize; while Female team stood Second.
5. Agya Singh and Anjali Gupta won Second prize in Carrom Double (Female).
6. In the Chess (Male) event, Deepankar Rai stood Second.
7. Shubham grabbed Second prize in High Jump(Male).
8. In the Volleyball(Female) main event, home team stood Second.
9. Kho-Kho events were totally conquered by the home team. In Kho-Kho (Male), both First and Second prizes are won by SRMSCET; whereas in Kho-Kho(Female) our team grabbed the First Prize.