Teaching & Learning Process
The Pedagogy College has achieved academic excellence by developing. A work culture where faculty and students work together to evolve teaching learning processes. The College has also created healthy linkages for the upliftment of the community (under privileged). In its neighbourhood to fulfill its social obligation. The Pedagogy College emphasizes on Learnability, Trainability, Capacity to unlearn and relearn. Generalized understanding and problem solving skills.
The courses are covered using following Methodology :
- Lectures & Tutorials
- Laboratory Experiments
- Assignments & Paper Presentation
- Group discussions & Seminars
- Team Room
- Case Study Analysis
- Invited Lectures
- Minor projects and major projects.
- Online Quiz
Extensive use of Audio?Visual Techniques like OHP, LCD Projectors & CDs.
Innovative Practices :
- Various Multimedia aids viz. OHPs, LCD Projectors for Power Point Presentations, Audio?Visual CDs etc. are used to improve the Teaching?Learning Process.
- Industrial tours, Seminars and Expert Lectures are organized to enhance the practical/field knowledge for the students.
- Language lab has been established in the Institute to improve the communication skills of the students.
- Computers are provided in the boys & girls hostels with internet facility.
- Mock Interviews, Aptitude and Reasoning Tests are arranged.
- The Pedagogy college has introduced ERP solutions to integrate various functions. The ERP page can be accessed from college website by students as well as faculty members. Faculty members use the facility for recording attendance of the students, uploading their lecture plans, assignments, inter college mail etc. Pedagogy Students can also make use of the system through their logins and have ready access to the above information.
Academic Planning & Monitoring :
- The students are provided with subject?wise academic hand books of lectures along with References to be studied.
- The student’s performance is monitored regularly by conducting scheduled Sessional / class tests.
- The answer scripts are evaluated within a week and the students are shown their answer sheets.
- In selective cases Parents are informed.
- Additional classes / Tests are arranged as remedial measures for the needy students.
- Attendance is regularly monitored and students are informed through Notice Board and ERP.
- The extent of course covered is monitored regularly.
Beyond the Curriculum :
- Value addition courses are organized to bridge the gap between the traditional syllabus and technological advancement.
- New experiments and equipment are added in the labs beyond the syllabus requirements.
- Students are encouraged to work on projects based on Industrial problems & requirements.
- Soft Skills, Seminars, Mini Projects and Additional Courses are arranged.
Examination System :
- Internal & External examination system is followed as per University Guidelines.
- Three sessional tests (internal) are conducted during each semester.
- External Examinations (Theory and Practical) are organised by the UPTU.
- Results are compiled and declared by the UPTU.
Personality Development :
- Personality Development Classes are arranged right from Second Semester to groom the overall personality of the students and to make them industry ready and to face interviews.
- There is an English Language lab to improve the vocabulary and conversation skills.
- Two Logical Reasoning Tests are arranged regularly for Second year & Third year students.
- Students are motivated to undertake R&D activities and projects from Second year.
- Free Internet facility is available through Wi?Fi and LAN to the students in the college as well as in hostels.
Counseling and Guidance Cell :
- A full time counselor is available at the counseling cell. Also, assistance from an Expert Counselor (Outside) is also available.
- Staff and students contact the cell during college time and discuss their problems.