Emerging trends in technical and professional education call for value addition i.e. students must acquire something more than what is provided in the curriculum. The college offers numerous of value added courses which are designed to bridge the gap between the academia and industry. The students have the option to choose the courses according to their desires and inclinations. The various Value Added Courses offered by the different departments are as follows:
Computer Science & Engineering / Information Technology / MCA:
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML with essentials of Rational Software Architect
- Mobile Application Development using Android
- Big Data Analytics using Hadoop
- Software Testing Tools
- Advance JAVA with Hibernate / STRUTS
- PHP with XAMPP / WAMP
- .NET Framework & C#
- PLC / SCADA Programming
- Circuit Simulation using PSPICE
- AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL for Panel Designing, Costing & Estimation
Electronics & Communication Engineering:
- FPGA Programming on Hardware Kit
- PLC / SCADA Programming
- CCNA Preparation
- MATLAB Programming
- Embedded Systems
- Design Software
- Drafting using AUTOCAD
- PRO Engineering
- Basics of Diagnostic Pathology
- Screening Models on Various Pharmacological Activity
- Granulation Technology
- Value addition on Data Analysis: It covers data collection techniques, data analysis tools and data analysis through the software SPSS.
- Value Addition on International Business: It covers International Trade Procedures & Documentation, Global operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Value addition on Financial Management: It covers the latest updates of financial markets, preparation and execution of National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) modules and financial planning tools & techniques.
- Value addition on Marketing: It covers the contemporary terms and issues of marketing including latest marketing techniques.
- Value addition on Economics: It is based on studying the economic fluctuations and its impact on the progress of the country. The module focuses on latest upheavals and policies designed to uplift and elevate economic condition of the country.
- Value addition on Human Resource Management: It covers the cultural awareness for the workforce, International HRM, Employee Engagement, Competency Mapping, Employment Law, Dealing with attitude problems in the workplace, and Working with the 5 generations.
- Value addition on Management Updates: It covers the Affiliate Marketing, Blue Ocean Strategies, Latest Performance Appraisal practices in the Industries, Understanding the business plan, Corporate Communication and its importance, Personal branding and its importance in career planning, Connected Managers-The Technology diffusion at workplace.
Employability Skills Enhancement Program (ESEP)
Apart from the aforesaid stream specific courses, the college realizes the fact that the employability of the passing out professionals is a great challenge for the country. There is need to enhance their communication skills, to develop professional ethics in them and to help them learn and develop human values and concern for humanity. Keeping it in view, the Faculty of Management in collaboration with the Faculty of Humanities offers Employability Skills Enhancement Program (ESEP) throughout the duration of all the courses. The ESEP focuses on preparing “industry-ready professionals” by enhancing the skills of students so as to align them with the needs of the industry. The objectives of ESEP are as follows:
- To ensure proactive approach amongst the students for self-development.
- To encourage Participation of students in an active career development plans.
- “Retool” students for the market opportunities and enhance the ability to manage change, take risks, collaborate, and build partnerships and teams.
- To create leaders and encourage individual autonomyto be highly successful and creative in their assignments.
- The ultimate aim of ESEP sessions is to integrate the overall approach to assiststudents in developing and increasing their self-awareness so that they have a better understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses.
The Program is designed for students on yearly basis divided into two semesters (Odd and Even). Its starts with the basics of communication (2ndyear) to Final mock Interview sessions (Final year). In each successive year level of advancement is raised sequentially so that students easily digest the concepts and then move to next level. Program is more focused on participative style of learning and is divided into the following modules:
- Discussion on intrapersonal skills and Interview Techniques
- Time Management
- Corporate Etiquettes
- CV Preparation and work out session
- Listening skills
- SWOT analysis
- Stress Management
- Presentation skills
- Group Discussion
The aforesaid modules have enabled the trainers to develop professionals who are highly skilled and ready to face the challenges of increased competition. These Modules are specifically designed to hone the skills, attitudes and actions that enable students to get along with their fellow colleagues and supervisors and take critical decisions. This Program provided a platform to all the students for self-disclosure and self-Improvement. It aimed at evolving a model through which students and institute can partner for competitiveness to enhance the pool of highly capable talent for requirements in growing corporate sectors.
Quantitative Aptitude & Analytical Reasoning Enhancement Program
With an objective to inculcate the problem solving aptitude among the students and to groom their analytical reasoning, the college offers the regular classes on Quantitative Aptitude & Reasoning. Weekly Online Tests are organized to enable them to have an assessment and know the scope for improvement.